Apple Carrot Smoothie Recipe for Glowing Skin
Have a boost of anti-oxidants and some fiber in this delightfully simple protein-packed breakfast smoothie. The anti-oxidants work wonders for your skin while the fiber promotes optimal digestion. With no added sugars and using just the basic ingredients, you’d be surprised why you haven’t had this sooner!
What You’ll Need:
- ¾ cup carrots, sliced and frozen
- ¾ cup Fuji apples, sliced and frozen (you may also use any sweet and not very starchy variety of apples)
- 1 cup almond milk
- A dash of cinnamon for an extra layer of goodness
Let’s Blend Up Some Delicious Skintastic Smoothie!
2. Place everything in a blending bullet or a traditional blender.
3. Pulse everything together until smooth.
4. Pour unto a glass and sprinkle with some cinnamon. Cinnamon has great anti-inflammatory properties, making it the perfect thing to spice up this apple and carrot combination smoothie. Makes 1 16-oz serving that’s perfect for breakfast or snack.
- Almond milk can be substituted with soy milk for another vegan option. Whole milk may also be used if you you’re okay consuming dairy.
- Freezing the apples and carrots is the key to making this smoothie tasty and thick. Because there are no added ice cubes, the flavors are concentrated and are yummy even without any sugar. Freezing them replaces the need for ice cubes in this recipe.