Anti-Aging Apple Papaya Smoothie
Who would have thought that these two fruits would make for a great combination? Sweet and tart apples mixed with juicy papaya in a base of almond milk and silken tofu makes for a protein-rich smoothie that’s full of fruity goodness! The apple contains skin boosting enzymes that will help you maintain a youthful appearance while the papaya contains vitamins that nourish and tone the skin.
What You’ll Need:
- Half a medium-size apple, cored, sliced, and frozen
- About half a cup papaya chunks, frozen
- ¾ cup almond milk
- Half a cup silken tofu (not to be mistaken with firm tofu)
- Sweet Basil or mint leaves plus a stick of cinnamon for presentation purposes (optional)
Let’s Blend Up This Fruity Smoothie!
Best Smoothie Blenders For Maximum Nutrition
2. When ready for your smoothie, simply place all the ingredients in a blending cup or blender.
3. Pulse away until smooth. The consistency should be like yogurt.
4. Transfer to a serving glass and garnish to make the smoothie look festive. With garnish or not, this smoothie is a sure win!
Serves 1 person as a meal, can be shared for snacks. Enjoy!
As with all smoothie recipes, feel free to make your own changes for a flavor that suits your taste buds. Smoothies pack a powerful nutritious punch and are great any time of the day when you need that extra boost.