Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie
Classic combinations are near impossible to beat, and that can’t be truer when it comes to smoothies! This chocolate and strawberry smoothie is a great staple recipe to have in your arsenal. The ingredients are available year-round, very delicious, and quite filling as well. When you need a tasty smoothie treat to make eating healthy taste even better, this is the smoothie for you!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup milk of your choice (almond milk, soy milk, low fat milk, whole milk etc.)
Let’s Make This Delicious Smoothie!
2. Simply drop the frozen strawberries, milk, and chocolate protein powder into your blending cup.
3. Blend away until smooth or if you like it chunky, just until your desired consistency.
4. Pour into a serving glass and top with a bit of nuts, chopped up strawberries, or your favorite cereal.
You can serve and drink on its own too! The recipe makes enough for 1 very generous serving that’s filling enough to replace a meal such as breakfast.
- The smoothie recipe can also be used to make frozen treats such as a chocolate and strawberry popsicles. The recipe makes enough for 3-4 popsicles that you can enjoy as dessert or a snack.
- You can make this completely vegan by choosing a nut or soy-derived milk and opting for protein powders made from plant protein. The recipe is indeed very versatile!
- You’ll need a lot of frozen strawberries for this smoothie if you love a really thick consistency. You can freeze cut up strawberries ahead of time or simply use the prepared frozen ones at the store.