Green Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
They say that you should never, ever skip breakfast but we all know how that is often easier said than done. With this tasty and refreshing green smoothie, you’ll have all the motivation you need to get out of your bed in the morning and start your day right. The secret is in the pineapples, the riper it is, the fruitier this smoothie tastes. You’ll never guess how much greens are in this! All these greens firm the skin and protect against the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
What You’ll Need:
- About a cup ripe pineapple, cut into chunks and frozen
- 2-3 big handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- 1 small orange, peeled and frozen (or two if using the micro Chinese variety)
- Half a cup orange juice or pineapple juice (add more if preferred)
- Half a cup silken tofu
Let’s Blend Up This Ray of Sunshine!
Best Smoothie Blenders For Maximum Nutrition
2. Place all the ingredients in a blender or blending bullet.
3. Blend until everything comes together, possibly adding extra liquid if the mixture seems too thick.
4. Pour into a serving glass for a fresh breakfast that’s impossible to skip.
Can serve two for brunch. Enjoy!
- Silken tofu provides protein to keep you going.
- Baby spinach is rich in folate, iron, and other ingredients that are good for you.
- Oranges and pineapple has got a cartload of vitamin C that helps with absorbing the nutrients in the spinach as well as helps you with burning energy for the day ahead.
- There is often no need for a sweetener but a tablespoon of honey or agave should do the trick if you’ve got a sweet tooth.