Pinacolada Smoothie Recipe for Immune Support
Love pineapples and coconut? Why not enjoy them both in this refreshingly delicious tropics-inspired pinacolada smoothie? The recipe can easily be adjusted to cater to fruit lovers and coconut junkies alike! Plus, pineapple has been proven to boost immunity, so it’s a great smoothie to enjoy during cold and flu season.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups frozen fresh pineapples (rinse prior to freezing if using canned ones, more so if canned in syrup)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup silken tofu (do not use regular tofu, may be substituted with plain yogurt)
- ½ cup pineapple juice (optional, only if you desire a thinner consistency)
- Shredded coconut for garnish (optional)
Let’s Make Some Refreshing Pinacolada Smoothie!
Best Smoothie Blenders For Maximum Nutrition
2. To make the smoothie, simply place all ingredients in a blending cup and blend together until smooth. You may adjust the consistency by adding some pineapple juice.
3. Serve in individual glasses with a slice of pineapple and some shredded coconut for garnish.
4. This recipe serves 3 for snack and 2 as a complete meal. Enjoy!
- Although the recipe is filling enough for a meal in itself, you may add some vanilla protein powder especially if trying to manage your weight.
- Coconut water may also be used to thin out the smoothie if you desire a more ‘coconut-like’ taste.
- For extra heart-healthy benefits, add 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil prior to blending. This will not alter the taste.