Soy Latte Smoothie Recipe
Craving some of your favorite caffeine-laden concoctions but worried about the extra calories and tons of sugar present in store-bought drinks? Make your own energy boosting caffeine fix with this recipe for soy latte smoothie that uses only 3 ingredients. Who says you can’t have your coffee and ‘eat’ it too?
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup brewed coffee that has been allowed to go cold. Best to use half-frozen.
- 1 cup silken tofu that’s been frozen (not the same as tofu used for cooking)
- 1-2 tablespoons agave syrup
- A dash of cinnamon powder, vanilla flavor, or almond syrup (optional)
Let’s Brew Up this Coffee Smoothie!
1. Prepare ingredients the night before or at least 4 hours before use. You can certainly make a few servings ahead of time by pre-packaging the smoothie portions and freezing them, then take out of the freezer for about 20-30 minutes prior to blending.
2. Place all the ingredients in a blender. You may add some flavorings if desired.
3. Blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Pour into a tall glass or a smoothie cup.
Great for breakfast! Serves 1 for breakfast or serves 2 as dessert/snack smoothie. Enjoy!
• Using silken tofu is crucial to impart some body and richness in this smoothie. It thickens the smoothie without diluting the coffee because there is no need to add ice.
• For a stronger coffee flavor, you may use espresso shots or add 1 teaspoon of instant espresso in the mix.
• Adding cinnamon powder, vanilla flavor, or almond syrup can turn this breakfast smoothie into a caffeinated dessert in a cup.